March 22, 2018
We are pleased to announce that HIGHTS is presenting at…
March 1, 2018
Recently HIGHTS intermediary deliverables and some final deliverables are published.…
November 24, 2017
WPNC'17 has been successfully held on 25th - 26th October…
May 30, 2017
25th The BMW Summer School on Connected Vehicles – Frontier…
March 28, 2017
May 06, 2017 | Post Updated The event…
IEEE SPS and EURASIP Summer School on Signal Processing for 5G Wireless Access, May 29, Gothenburg SwedenMarch 6, 2017
2017 Joint IEEE SPS and EURASIP Summer School on Signal…
December 16, 2016
HIGHTS project is approaching to its climax of the first…
December 1, 2016
As an IoT leader from Dresden Germany, the HIGHTS partner…
October 10, 2016
The 4th HIGHTS F2F plenary meeting will take place in…
September 30, 2016
HIGHTS session is organised at WPNC'16 on 20th October. Below…
HIGH PRECISION POSITIONING FOR COOPERATIVE-ITS
HIGHTS start-up objectives are to identify and describe those scenarios and important positioning related functional requirements as needed by the use cases with high precision requirements as C-ACC (Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control), Cooperative-ITS, the ETSI Basic Set of Applications and others. These applications present the end goals on top of which research and development will be performed. The project proposes solutions to high precision localization problems and ITS applications in a bottom-up approach.
Hence, HIGHTS work develops:
- protocol and network support for data exchange between vehicles, infrastructure and any Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices available, which stand for the technical backbone of cooperative strategies required to reach a sub-meter (less than 25 cm) localization precision.
- a system to allow vehicles (V), infrastructure (I) and surrounding objects / things (T) to exchange any type of data (ranging, GPS position, maps, caching, contexts) of various quality that can be used by HIGHTS cooperative fusioning algorithms for increased positioning accuracy.
- a system of semantic annotation for the data to guarantee mutual understanding of nodes of interest.
- an evaluation of the different state of the art ranging technologies in the automotive context, such as UWB-IR, PDoA, OFDM/LTE, laser and WiFi in order to determine the best ranging technologies in terms of variance, time, reliability and resources for the variety of use cases of modern transportation.
- a definition of the physical and logical interfaces of cooperative ranging systems and sub-systems
- methodologies and algorithms for high accuracy positioning and alternatives to enrich the Local Dynamic Maps (LDM) with high precision details of local primary views of vehicles, danger elements, and respectively, environmental (landmarks, roadmarks), or statistical data (out of space-time mobility / connectivity contexts) via
- flexible positioning semantics adapted into the context of precise and secure V2X localization, in the context of both cooperative communications and heterogeneous data;
- unprecedented location precision, robustness and latency, in compliance with the specified classes of services (e.g. autonomous driving, platooning and safety of vulnerable road users);
- the most relevant combination (and settings) of candidate cooperative, ego-positioning and fusion algorithms for further physical integration, early system deployment and field evaluations;
- decision/estimation building blocks and networking functionalities contributing to the definition of the European-wide positioning service platform based on enhanced Local Dynamic Maps;
- a European-wide proposition for a positioning service platform based on the interaction of various on-board sensors, cooperative data streams, fusion algorithms and enhanced LDMs.
HIGHTS outputs will be both scientific and technical aiming at research publications in top-tier journals and conferences in the subject areas related to the project, and respectively, also at practical real-system implementations proof of concepts applications and demo vehicles.